How to Reboot and Perform a “Hard Reset” on the iPad
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for several seconds. (This is the button shown in the diagram above.)
- The iPad will prompt you to slide a button to power off the iPad.
- If the iPad is frozen or stuck, hold down both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button. This will force the iPad to do a Hard Reset/Shutdown.
- The iPad screen will display the circle of dashes, which indicates it is busy. Once the iPad has finished shutting down completely, the screen will go black.
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for several seconds. This will allow you to restart the iPad.
- When the Apple logo appears in the middle of the screen, you can release the Sleep/Wake button. The iPad will restart shortly after the logo appears.
Is your iPad running slow?
- The first thing to try is to purge your most recent apps from memory. The iPad multitasks by suspending applications that are no longer active, but allowing a portion of the application to keep running. In this way, Pandora can still send music to your speakers even after you've closed it.
- To close the application, we need to get to your task bar. You can do this by double clicking the home button at the bottom of your iPad.
- Simply touch an application and hold your finger down until the icons begin shimmering. Small red circles with a minus sign in the middle will appear on the top of the icons. At this point, you can simple touch the red circle to close an app.
- Close all running apps.
Take an iPad “Screenshot” Hold down the iPad home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. You will see a flash on your screen signalling the iPad's screen was captured.
Where does the iPad screenshot go? Once you've captured the screen, you can find the image within the Photos app. You can email the screenshot to one of your friends. Want a quick way to get it to your computer? Simply email it to yourself.
Cannot connect to an app or the internet?
- Make sure you are connected to the wireless.
- If an Internet page is displayed, do not assume you are on the internet. Always “search” a topic to initiate our logon page.
- If you try all the simple things…….Do a Hard Reset/Shutdown.
4 and 5 Finger Fancy Gestures! First, you have to make sure that gestures are turned on for your iPad. Look in Settings, General, Multitasking Gestures to set the slider to ON if needed.
Five-finger pinch: Here you just “grab” the screen at any point to get back to the Home screen. It’s quick, fast and simple.
Four-finger swipe up: Want to see the multitasking bar, showing you the most recently used apps? This gesture replaces the double-tap of the Home button.
Four-finger swipe left / right: By swiping four fingers left or right, the iPad quickly moves you through your running and most recently used apps. I strategically open my most used apps one after another, so I can quickly swipe between them.